Top 10 Quotes from Exponetial East
I was blown away by the Exponential conference in Tampa last week. I don’t know when God has so clearly confirmed a vision he has stirred up in my heart over the past 2 years. I will be writing more about this in the days to come. For now, here are a my top 10 quotes from Exponential East:
1. “The church in North America separated the conjoined twins of Evangelism and Discipleship, and in the process we killed them both.” Steve Murrel
2. “We love our pets more than we love our neighbors.”
3. “We don’t have to be twins to be brothers.” Ajai Lall, speaking about unity in the body of Christ.
4. “In ministry, the way you exit this season determines how you enter the next season.” Joby Martin
5. “Don’t pray about your strategies, make prayer your strategy.” Max Lucado
6. “Your gifts can take you where your character cannot sustain you.” Larry Walkemeyer, discussing why the integrity of Godly character matters.
7. “Are you looking for people to whom you can hand over the keys to the kingdom?” Joby Martin, on the importance of discipling other leaders.
8. “As we redouble our efforts to pray, God redoubles his efforts to bless.” Max Lucado
9. “Don’t let the smallness of your vision limit the greatness of God.” Oscar Muriu
10. “When you want to build a ship, do not begin by gathering wood, cutting boards, and distributing work, but rather awaken within men the desire for the vast and endless sea.” Antoine de Saint Exupéry, shared by one of the keynote speakers in regards to the importance of casting vision.
If I’ve gotten any of the names wrong, let me know and I will make the corrections! It was hard to keep up with all the notes I was taking.