2018 Giving Challenge Update
I am excited to let you know that a local foundation will DOUBLE gifts to our ministry during a special one-day Giving Challenge. It’s the 2018 Giving Challenge! Click here to participate on the day of the event:
- May 1 & 2 noon to noon only!
- On May 1, beginning at noon, follow the link to the Giving Challenge website. The link to the site is now available but the link to give is not visible until the Giving Challenge begins at noon. We will promote the link on Facebook and Twitter as well as our website as soon as it is available.
- You can give anytime in the 24-hour period.
- The Giving Challenge ends at noon on May 2.
- If you give $25 to the ministry through the Giving Challenge portal, the foundations will match your gift 1:1. This doubles your gift which results in a $50 donation to the ministry. If you give $50, the ministry receives $100.
- The foundation will double a maximum of $100 from each unique donor. If you want to give more than $100 and want to get the best donation possible for the ministry, then individual family members can each make a donation with different credit cards. For example, a husband and wife could split a gift of $200 and each gift of $100 would be doubled. But the foundation will only double a maximum of up to $100 of any unique donor’s gift.
- Your gift is tax-deductible.
- Only gifts made through the special link will qualify for matching funds.
Behind the scenes, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County helps us with training to develop the business side of the ministry. Their passion is to equip local non-profit organizations to effectively serve our communities. They created the Giving Challenge to encourage our donors to give and to help us to develop our donor relations. The Giving Challenge is provided by the Community Foundation of Sarasota County with giving strengthened by the Patterson Foundation.
As a ministry, we have the most generous supporters. Through the years, thousands of folks have sacrificially given to support the ministry. Because our friends give so generously, I am able to minister in churches across the United States and Canada without charging a church for travel expenses or even requiring an honorarium. It is remarkable how God has always provided all that we need. All of our needs are met by God’s kind hand as he moves the hearts of individuals to give. We have no debt. It is humbling to see God provide.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for all you do!
Additional blog that may be of interest: Why we do not ask for support as a ministry.